The Forum for Partners in Iran's Marketplace
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     

December 2016, No. 81


IMIDRO Exclusive

Inauguration of Second Phase of Sepiddasht Steel Factory


Dr. Sobhani remarked that 65 percent of the shares of the manufacturing unit have been invested by Mobarakeh Steel Company and the remaining 35 percent by IMIDRO.


Managing Director of Mobarakeh Steel Company, speaking at the inauguration ceremony of the first provincial steel project in Sepiddasht, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, said for the operation of the second phase of the project – ingot producing factory – a fund of 3070 billion rials has been allocated. He added that project is expected to become operational in the second half of 1397 (2018/19).

According to the Public Relations Office of IMIDRO (Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization , Dr. Bahram Sobhani put the fixed amount of investment for the project at 5,250 billion rials and noted that 64 million euros has been allocated to the project in hard currency investment.

The first phase of Sepiddasht Steel started operation with a production capacity of 800 thousand tons of sponge iron in the presence of first vice-president, minister of industry, mine and trade and head of the executive board of IMIDRO.

Dr. Sobhani further remarked that 65 percent of the shares of the manufacturing unit have been invested by Mobarakeh Steel Company and the remaining 35 percent by IMIDRO.

He said the unit consists of reduction stage (converting pellet to sponge iron) and steelmaking stage (converting sponge iron to slab) and the production stage (steel ingot).

Sobhani said: “Implementation of the plan started in 1385 (2006/07) and its direct reduction unit has been completed and become operational.” He noted that 70% of the equipment of the second phase which is steelmaking has been transported to the factory and according to projections will become operational in the second half of  1397 (2018/19).”

Stressing that in this project one million tons of slab and hot roll will be produced, Dr. Sobhani noted that with the implementation of the project direct employment will be provided for 140 people and indirect working opportunities for another 800 people.

Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Steel Complex is situated in Sefiddaasht, about 30 km from Shahr-e Kord.

 

Subscribe to
IRAN INTERNATIONAL

CURRENT ISSUE
   
  December 2016
No. 81